SAIL, REEF SNORKEL & PLAY DAY ADVENTURES
Exclusive all private charter for just you and your party (up to 6 guests). Select from our extensive list of all-inclusive, totally private day charters and we'll make your time aboard the best that it can be. With the focus being all on you, the itinerary can be adjusted throughout the excursion to suit your needs. Non-alcoholic beverages, iced cooler for your adult beverages and equipment is included in all trips. Snacks and meal availability is based on length of time aboard.
We offer several fun and relaxing activities in different destinations. The more time you spend on board the more options you will have. Whether your day will be at a reef, wreck, sandbar or beach you can be sure that the crew will be right there to lend a helping hand. Take a look at some of your options:
- Sail the deep blue
- Snorkel a pristine reef
- Dolphin, turtle & bird watching
- Eco & educational excursions
- Fishing/Trolling* (offered on 6 hr+ trip)
- Kayak (offered on 8 hr+ trip)
- Stand up paddle board/SUP(offered on 8 hr+ trip)
- Explore uninhabited islands (offered on 10 hr trip)
- Harvest a Lobster* or forage for shells (offered on 10 hr trip)
- Or just kick back & relax
*may require a Florida FWC fishing/lobster license
So grab your favourite friends and family - let's get underway! You can prepay online and lock in your reservation with a 30% deposit option.
4 Hour: $699 with $210 reservation deposit. Range is 6 miles radius from Stock Island Marina. Light snacks, beverages, iced cooler for your beverages and snorkel equipment are included. You will have an option to a select a morning (10 am or earlier) or afternoon (2 pm or earlier) departure time when you book online.
- Sail & Reef Snorkel 4 ~ Aboard S/V Tortuga, you will sail to Western Sambo Ecological Reserve. This reef contains the greatest habitat diversity in the Lower Keys. Here you can enjoy snorkeling, free diving and lounging on the yacht. Total sail time is 2 hours. You will have 2 hours at the reef for snorkeling and water activities.
- Sail On 4 ~ We'll set sail out into the Atlantic Ocean and typically round the Southernmost Point, pass Fort Zachary entering into the Gulf. A tour of the famous Key West Harbor and Schooner Wharf area is on our list. Sail time totals 4 hours.
6 Hour: Prepaid $899 with $270 reservation deposit. Range is 6 miles radius from Stock Island Marina. Lunch, light snacks, beverages, snorkel gear are included. Select a morning (10 am or earlier) or afternoon (2 pm or earlier) departure time when you book online.
Choose an option that fits your style:
- Sail & Reef Snorkel 6 ~ Aboard S/V Tortuga, you will sail to Western Sambo Ecological Reserve. This reef contains the greatest habitat diversity in the Lower Keys. Here, you can enjoy snorkeling, free diving and lounging on the yacht. Total sail time is 2 hours. You will have up to 4 hour at the reef for snorkeling, water activities and lounging on the yacht.
- Reef & Harbor Sail 6 ~ A great option for those who want to snorkel Western Sambo and to get some sailing time in. You will snorkel at the reef first and then sail from the Atlantic to the Gulf of Mexico. Take in the view of Sunset Key and Key West Harbor from your sailing perch. Snorkel & sailing times are customised based on your interests.
- Sail On 6 ~ Sit on the shaded sling seat for the all round best view or hang out on the trampoline for some sun and a fantastic view turtles and dolphins close up. You'll be sailing the entire time - it is a perfect sailing trifecta with when you sail the Atlantic, Gulf and Key West Harbor. No need to hurry. It's all about relaxing and enjoy the entire time
8 Hour: $1099 with $330 reservation deposit. Range is 10 mile radius from Stock Island Marina. Snorkel equipment is readily available year round. Lobstering equipment is seasonal. Choose to launch Paddle Boards (SUP) and Kayaks as time permits. Light snacks, lunch and beverages are included. Latest departure time is 10 am.
Select from the options below:
- Sail & Reef Snorkel 8 ~ Snorkel a variety of reefs for some seriously fun snorkeling and free diving. Destinations include Western Sambo, Eastern & Western Dry Rocks, Cottrell Key, 7 Mile Stake and more.
- Reef & Harbor Sail 8 ~ Get a good bit of snorkeling and free diving time in at the reef and then chill out on the trampoline as we sail from the Atlantic to the Gulf of Mexico. Take in the Key West Harbor view from your sailing perch. There is no rush, you have plenty of time to relax
- Sail On 8 ~ A great option for relaxing or learning to sail. You can sit on the shaded sling seat for the all round best view or hang out on the trampoline for some sun and a fantastic view turtles and dolphins close up. Ask the captain if you can lend an hand if your inclined. You'll be sailing the entire time - it is a perfect sailing trifecta with when you sail the Atlantic, Gulf and Key West Harbor.
- Customized 8 ~ One-on-one planning and coordination prior to your arrival to make your day all that you want it to be. Certain services and customised menu options may be subject to additional fees.
Ultimate 10 Hour Day Adventure: $1409 with $425 reservation deposit. Range is 15 mile radius from Stock Island Marina. Suggested destinations includes Boca Grand Key for some awe inspiring shallow water snorkeling. Light snacks, lunch and beverages are included. Snorkel equipment is readily available year round. Lobstering equipment is seasonal. Additionally, you can choose to launch the Paddle Boards (SUP) and Kayaks. Latest departure time is 9 am.
- Out Island Day Adventure ~ Our personal favourite and a new option for our guests! Enjoy a 2+ hour sail towards the uninhabited Boca Grande Key where you can spot dolphins and turtles along the way. When we arrive, your Out Island Adventure really begins. Snorkel, beach bumming, kayaking, SUP, lobstering, shelling...the list of options goes on. We'll drop anchor and for those who like, we'll use our tender (dinghy) to take you to the sandy beach, sandbars, wrecks and shallows that are perfect for shelling and catching a few lobsters. If you like kayaking or SUP, we suggest you take a ride through the giant mangrove tunnels filled with sea birds and nurseries of fish. It's a full day of fun onboard and in the water. Great opportunity for the beginner snorkeler and lively enough for the experienced to make it a wonderful all-around day.
- Customized 10 ~ One-on-one planning and coordination prior to your arrival to make your day all that you want it to be. Certain services and customised menu options may be subject to additional fees.
How we make it all happen: The crew will provide an introduction to the boat, our amenities and safety facts and review your interests so we know what our goals will be for the day. Since this is a private trip with only you and your party, we can modify the itinerary as we go. Weather and water conditions may have a factor on where we go, what we do and which boat will ultimately be best for you. We expect you may want to sit back, relax as we exit Stock Island Marina Village and depending on how early you board, we may serve you a light breakfast as we head out the channel. We'll be out in the Atlantic ocean in a short time and regardless of being a novice sailor or a master at sea, you'll be welcomed to help the crew set the sails or "man the helm". Often, guests will see dolphins, turtles and a variety of seabirds while we are out. These are great opportunities to snap some cool photos or you can use our handy binoculars for those far away views. The crew will be taking snapshots and possibly videos throughout your time with us, both on the vessel, in the water and while out on any land excursions. This keeps you hands-free, hassle-free and provides you and our social media with plenty of new material.
When we get to our destination, be it a reef, wreck, sandbar or some other point of interest, the crew will be fast at work setting the anchor and getting equipment ready for you. Whatever the activity, we're happy to show you some basics. If your after some big game, we'll bring out the gear for trolling and maybe get in a little lobstering if we're in season...Mahi-Mahi, Wahoo, Tuna, Grouper and Snapper are all found here in the Keys. The crew can slide in the water with snorkelers, free divers and for spearfishing. This gives you a chance to have on-on-one assistance if needed. If you and your partner are off in a blaze of glory, we'll try to keep up with you to point out some things you may miss and maybe get a few really cool photos with you in them to take home as prized memories. When you are thirsty, tired or hungry, climb back aboard. We'll have some creature comforts ready for you. If you feel a bit water-logged or salty after your ocean dip, no worries, the freshwater shower will keep you feeling comfortable and clean. When our time is coming to an end, the crew will weigh anchor to head back to port. We expect you'll be sharing stories of your new underwater friends (or found foods) and all the amazing sights you saw. Take this time to also replenishing your energy. We'll have the cooler filled with plenty of beverages and snacks right in the cockpit.
On the 42' Manta Catamaran: While underway, you can expect to move about freely. Our catamaran sails smoother than a monohull and that ominous boat rocking rarely happens. The trampolines on the bow provide an advantage point for spotting dolphins and turtles and a great location for working on your tan. If your sun shy, there is plenty of seating in the shady cockpit and we can even hitch up a hammock for a nap under the hard Bimini top. Many a guest find the sling chair to be the best advantage point with it's fantastic views, shady location and you can usually get a cool breeze right off the water.
What we feed you: We've never been accused of letting anyone leave hungry. In fact, we are striving hard to ensure we fill you up with only the freshest, healthiest foods we can find and we're proud to serve our homegrown herbs, veggies & fruit (yes, our own garden on land!). We place emphasis on all ORGANIC, NON-GMO FOODS. This includes our meals and snacks. We'll provide non-alcoholic beverages, sparkling & bottled water. Your welcome to bring your own "grown-up beverages too. Our Morning guest will likely be presented with a Continental Breakfast, some amazing cappuccino, lattes & teas while our Afternoon friends can see luncheon platters, fresh fruit and appetiser plates. We customise our meals for the time of day, your health and diet restrictions, so just let us know if there is something that you can't eat and we'll plan the rest.
What to Bring
Non-Spraying Sunscreen (recommend 30+ UVA/UVB)
Tethered waterproof or underwater camera
Specialty snorkel gear, if needed
Change of dry clothes
What NOT to bring
Cigarettes, cigars, chewing tobacco or vapors
Amend, Cancel or Reschedule? We understand things come up and request that you consider that others may have booked these dates had we not reserved them just for you. We encourage you to reschedule your trip to another time within 1 year of original booked dates. Fully paid reservations are refundable, less 30% when you provide a cancellation notice directly to our email address (TortugaSailingCat@gmail.com) at least 30 days prior to your scheduled trip. All other refund requests are subject to approval by management. When approved, refunded are issued usually within 5 business days.